Friday, October 15, 2010

Rosemary in the Air

I love bread; I don't think I have met a bread I didn't like. However, the thought of making bread kind scares me. I have visions of going to bed with a bowl of yeast stuff safely covered to do what it needs to do overnight, only to wake up and find a giant dough ball has engulfed the kitchen and is slowly creeping towards the dining room.  The cats may or may not be trapped inside. Yes, Bob tells me I have a flair the imaginative and dramatic.

Last night Bob decided it was time to tackle the bread making. He found a basic recipe for Delicious Rosemary Bread on Allrecipes.com. It made two small loaves and really was delicious. We had some with honey for breakfast and it went great with some havarti dill for lunch.

Ready for the oven.

Baking beauties.

Out of the oven. Too bad the internet doesn't have scratch-n-sniff.

Bob working on some new bread ... a rosemary herb slab.

Do you make bread? Do you have any favorite recipes?

Also remember there is still time to enter by blog giveaway for a free Nikki McClure 2011 calendar. Click here for more information and to enter.

3 comments:

The Nurturing Pirate said...

As Drake would say: It looks d'LISHous! Congrats to Bob on his foray into breadmaking. As a coincidence, I made two loaves just yesterday. I use Catherine Newman's Fantastic Fearless Five-Minute Bread recipe, here: http://family.go.com/blog/catherinewman/fantastic-fearless-five-minute-bread-889536/. While not "five minutes" exactly, it is rather quick - aside from the waiting and cooking time, of course.

Sophia said...

Thanks for the link to the bread recipe. I would like to learn some breakmaking skills too. The fact that it has "fearless" in the title is quite promising! Hope all is well for you and yours.

Vivian Li said...

kids looked at that last picture and said "that's crazy uncle Bob!!"